Thursday, January 27, 2011

Journal Entry/ News

Hey guys well i didnt feel like posting this on facebook because i didnt want a million comments and questions. In last friday's competition, i tore the sheath that protects my ulnar nerve in my elbow.  Basically what that means is there isnt anything to protect it now.  It pops in and not and sends shocks down my arm into my fingers.  I have been able to endure that nerve always acting up in gymnastics but since i tore that protective sheath, it affects everyday things:  opening a door, washing my hair, writing, driving, etc. It was a really tough decision but i have decided to have surgery to correct it.  I have kinda hit my breaking point with it, and feel like i need to get it taken care of.  Dr. Nakken the orthopeadic surgeron agreed with me, and this put my mind at ease.  I have to wait a couple weeks for surgery but it should be valentines day.  I have a  nerve test next friday to make sure the nerve is still functioning like its supposed to.  This  just makes sure they are performing the right surgery.  Gymnastics has been my whole life, and right now i kind of feel lost without it. Its the only thing that has ever made me feel of value. 
 I love my team more than anything.  They are my family  and i want to help them in every way i can.  Even though i wont be competing, you better believe i will  be screaming and helping my girls every step of the way.
I just want to thank Scott, our head coach, for his support through this.  He has backed me 100 percent and i couldnt be more grateful.  He has helped me shape who i am today, and has expected excellence every step of the way.  I thank him for that.  I dont know where i would be with out him. 
LJ!  You are my better half and i dont know what i would do without you.  I have seen you grow and excel over the last two years, and am so proud of you.  You will always be my best friend and sister.  You will always have me around, no matter where i am. 
Family!! You have helped me through these last 15 years of gymnastics, and i wouldnt be graduating college if you didnt push me to continue gymnastics.  I take pride in my schooling, gymnastics, and life and its because of you!
Mom and Nanny-  you two are the only reason i was ever put in gymanstics.  I know i am saying goodbye to actually physically doing gymnastics but it will always be in my heart and it will always be a pat of my life.  It has made me a happy and successful woman.  It has shaped who i am today, and i couldnt of done it without you.  You two are my rocks and i know i can come to you for everything. I am forever indebted to you two.  Thank you for always pushing me, even when i didnt want to.  Thanks for always having my back.  I am eternally blessed to have you guys.  I thank God  everyday that i have you guys in my life.  Thank you again for everything. 

I will let you guys now when i my exact surgery date is! i love you all and thanks :)

"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It's successful outcome." - William James

3 comments:

  1. Oh babe, I am so sorry. This news breaks my heart! As I am sure it breaks your heart too! Our love and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I am glad that you will soon be out of pain though.. Hang in there.. We love you! Well this stubborn little boy is still not here.. will you be coming up to Provo on Saturday?? If he has not come yet.. we plan to come to the meet and would love to see you! Hang in there! Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a tough decision bailey! I think you made the right choice...since you are kind of stuck with that elbow and nerve for the rest of you life, ya better take care of it. Just remember you have so much value, not just as a gymnast but as a woman, a wife, a daughter, a sister. Its hard to close a chapter of your life, but you will have so many more wonderful things to come!!! Hang in there, and we will keep you in our prayers for a smooth recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bailey this was really sad to hear. Good luck with the surgery and hope everything else is going well. We hope to see you guys soon so lets start making some plans.

    ReplyDelete